Tiger Mountain Peasant Song

One of my favorite bands is Fleet Foxes. I've listened to them constantly ever since I saw them on Saturday Night Live years ago. Soon after my second surgery when I was all feeling good from the pain medication, I wanted to listen to some of their music. That's not something I usually do when I'm in the hospital, but I did. I don't usually like to buy music either, but I wanted to hear a song that I didn't have. I went into iTunes on my phone and bought Tiger Mountain Peasant Song. I listened to it a few times. Just so calming. Johnny and I saw them live at the Greek Theater in Berkeley last September. I count that night as one of my all time favorite experiences. I thought of that tonight and thought wow, what a change from September to September. Then I wondered what the date of the concert was last year. I looked it up and found that the concert last year was September 14, the same date as my surgery this year. I was totally surprised. So unbeknownst to us, we had a little annual Fleet Foxes concert of our own in a hospital room in Roseville. Below is the song.



This next song, English House, is another favorite.


Comments

  1. Mountain Peasant Song may have disappeared. You might want to replace the link.
    Excellent cancer blog, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment