Getting current

Well, I'm officially current here. I'm no longer telling about what happened weeks and months ago. So glad to be caught up!

So at my post-op appointment, my surgeon said the incision looked great. I was just so glad it didn't come open like last time. It was surreal walking out of there with my mom, having gotten good news. It's literally never happened. Seems like I always leave Kaiser bummed out. So I rested a lot the weeks after surgery. Lots of time spent on the couch. My surgeon referred me to a physical therapist because of the shoulder pain I've had.

So today was that appointment. The PT was nice and he showed me a lot of exercises to do to help the tightness in my neck and shoulders. It's not just that I have pain and can't lift things with my left arm; I can't turn my neck properly and I can't bend it back to do things like rinse my hair in the shower. (To rinse my hair, I have to adjust the shower nozzle and then arch my back in a way that I think the PT wouldn't condone). With my first surgery, those things wore away over time. I'm glad this time I have some things to try out.

So after the appointment I drove down to Pacifica to visit my cousin Nichole and her family. I'm always welcome at their house, so I visit pretty often. I was having a really good day today and so I just jammed in the car all the way down. I was blasting music and totally enjoying myself. Later I really paid for it, though. My neck hurt quite a bit. I think from having to turn my neck every time I changed lanes. Just makes me grateful I haven't done too much driving.

It's cold down here and I love it. Good riddance, summer 2012.


This is me 10 days after surgery. The incision looks great, but can't wait to get my jawline back!

Comments